The ABC Kite Fest is a historic Austin event that invites kite aficionados of every description to enjoy a full day of high flying wonderment.
Rebound from rain-stricken years to seize a new season with a redefined brand that highlights the event’s sponsors, new attractions and historic traditions.
Red Fan worked seamlessly with the organization’s production, social media and programming teams to present a unified brand to the market for 2018. We worked with senior spokespeople to redefine the fest’s core messaging platform — with an emphasis on title sponsors and nonprofit partners — and implemented refreshed positioning across all external channels.
- Assisted in revamping the festival’s website, branding platform and social media channels.
- Crafted a new messaging platform to showcase ABC Home & Commercial Services’ commitment to the festival.
- Placed strategic feature articles with third-party endorsements for ABC’s involvement.
- Worked closely with local broadcast stations, print and online outlets to provide steady stream of festival news to Austinites.
- Established meaningful relationships with local influencers and grew media value for sponsors and nonprofit partners.
The 2018 ABC Kite Fest hosted thousands of Austinites, including reporters from all five major broadcast stations, a variety of social media influencers, news photographers and more. As a result of Red Fan’s work, mentions of the “ABC Kite Fest” doubled those of historical brand names, illustrating the success of a united brand front to the Austin market.
Red Fan’s media relations strategy landed the ABC Kite Fest in every major Austin outlet, including all five major broadcast stations, the Austin American-Statesman, CultureMap Austin and more.
"Working with the amazing team at Red Fan has been an absolutely wonderful experience. Kathleen and her team are such talented professionals who really know how to work on all aspects of a successful PR effort. Not only do they have and make the appropriate contacts, but their creativity is exceptional. I look forward to a long term relationship with this fantastic team."
— Bobby Jenkins, owner, ABC Home & Commercial Services
TRAIL OF LIGHTS
4 years, millions of impressions, multiple nonprofit engagements, dozens of sponsor mentions and countless hours of holiday cheer.
View the Case Study